Navigate to www.alpacareg.com
then select either the A-OK Alpaca Blast-Off Show,
or* the A-OK Rose Rock Re-Entry Show
from the drop down menu
*Note that registration in the Rose Rock Re-Entry Show is for halter classes only. All other items are found in the A-OK Alpaca Blast-Off Show registration drop down.
Some key considerations…
- Before beginning Registration, you will want to be well versed with the 2022 Show System Handbook which can be read online in PDF format after you sign in. Navigate in the menu to Home/Competitions/Certified Alpaca Shows/Show System Resources/2022 AOA Show System Handbook. It is especially important to read this information so that you will conform to all AOA Show requirements.
- Next, be sure to have your original Registry Certificates for each Alpaca; the holographic seal on the form must be from the original. These Certificates must be scanned (or an image otherwise captured) and electronically uploaded in the Registration for each Alpaca or Fleece. Our Show Superintendent, Judy Schroeder, is available for help at: Show.Super.Schroeder@gmail.com, or 540-797-1985 if needed.
- Also, a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection [CVI] (commonly called a Health Certificate) is required. You MUST obtain this CVI from your Veterinarian no earlier than 30 days before the end of the show date. You will keep the original copy when you arrive at the show, and you must provide a photocopy to give to A-OK at the initial check-in stop. You will not be granted entrance into the show without a copy of this form when you arrive!
- Your CVI should contain:
- Your Name and Address as the originator/consignor
- The destination: 500 E Choctaw Ave, Chickasha OK 73018
- The date that the CVI was issued— no earlier than 30 days before the end of the show date
- Each Alpaca’s Microchip/Ear Tag ID#, Registration #, Name, Age, Sex, Breed, BVDV Test Type & Result, BVDV Test Date, and BVDV Test Barcode/Accession Number
- Your CVI should contain:
- If you are transporting Alpacas across state lines to come to the A-OK Show be sure to fully informed about your state’s and interstate transport laws that apply to your travel—both coming and going.
- Youth Performance Entries can compete for the Performance Champion Award in each age category IF the contestant participates in all three events: Showmanship, Obstacle, and Public Relations.
- The AOA Exhibitor Disclosure Form can be found in the Registration Portal through the above link.
Next, be sure to have (or previously entered) the following information for each Alpaca or fleece going to show.
- Alpaca Name
- AOA Reg. Number
- Microchip/Ear Tag ID Number
- Sire Name
- Sire AOA Reg. Number
- Dam Name
- Dam AOA Reg. Number
- Date of Birth
- Knowing which event each Alpaca or Fleece will be entered into:
- Halter – Full Fleece
- Production – Bred and Owned
- Fleece Show
- Walking Fleece Show
- Companion Alpaca
- Shearing Method
- Date of This Shearing (Your last shearing before showing this Alpaca—this season)
- Date of Last Shearing – if registering for the Fleece Show (Your previous shearing—two seasons ago)
Initial Registration Steps
- Select A-OK Alpaca Blast Off OR A-OK Rose Rock Re-Entry from the Drop-Down menu. NOTE: Only have 1 registration window open for each show at a time. Do not have both shows open in different windows at the same time.
- Click the Blue “Enter Show” button
- On the next screen you will be prompted to “Enter your User Name and Password to login”.
(NOTE: Your User Name and Password are the same for any show on this website. You do not create separate User Names and Passwords for the various shows you attend.)
- If this is your first time to use this site, select the prompt “Click here to create an account.” and follow the steps. Be sure to save your User Name and Password in your Password List for future use. The “Remember me” checkbox is optional, albeit less secure.
- If you have forgotten your Password but you have already used this website before, select the prompt “Forgot User Name or Password?” Be sure to save your User Name and Password in your Password List for future use. The “Remember me” checkbox is optional.
- Click on the Login Button
- Next you will be presented with a screen that details:
- Your Account Information
- Options to change your Contact Information, or your Password.
- Your AOA Membership Status should be marked “Valid .” If not, please follow the steps provided on the screen “for help on setting up your AOA membership status,” or to Link AOA Membership Account to this website.
- There is a time-saving option you should select and complete: “Edit default values for common registration data”. When you select this option, you will be able to input values for “Default Handler”, “Default Shearing Method”, and “Default Name Badges” so that they auto-fill your selections.
- Alpacas that you have shown at a recent prior show are accessible through “Manage my alpacas under my account” option. You may find this easier if you input new Alpacas into your list from this option before you begin the registration process. This is an optional step. You will be given the opportunity to add a new Alpaca in the registration process should you choose not to enter them at this point.
- In order to begin registration, it is best to “Fill out and submit the Exhibitor Disclosure Form” link for each show before continuing. This form, the “AOA Exhibitor Disclosure Form”, lists the judging assignments for each show. [This link also appears at the bottom of the next page as well.]
- Choose the appropriate bulleted response(s) in the “Exhibitor Disclosure Statement”.
- Check the next box if your Alpacas and/or Fleeces comply regarding the Rules. [These rules can be read after you Log In to read the AOA Show System Handbook and Resources (alpacainfo.com) on the AOA website.]
- After reading the “Important Notices” type your Exhibitor Name (your name if appropriate) into the corresponding blank. The Farm Name should auto-fill.
- Finally, read and check the last box on the page
- Click the “Submit” button.
Now you are able to “Click here to register for…” the Show which you have chosen to register! This click will take you to the “Welcome to the Registration…” page.
You are not required to complete each section in order.
But, if you do, you are less likely to overlook something.
Should you need assistance in this section of the Registration, please email our Halter Show Superintendent, Judy Schroeder, (540) 797-1985 (Please call ONLY for urgent matters)
Each of these sections are self-explanatory. The thing to keep in mind is that you are able to make changes to your registration until registration closes. Even then our Halter Show Superintendent, Judy Schroeder, can be reached for help when needed.
Once you have started your Registration, there will be a Pay Button appear at the bottom of this page. You may pay online by using PayPal. You do not have to have a PayPal account to use this online option; you may choose to use a major credit or debit card by your choice on the screen. NOTE: It is imperative that you return to the A-OK page after you have paid so that your payment will be properly applied!
Another option is to mail a check to the A-OK Treasurer, Betsy Morehead, 119 N Crawford Ave., Norman OK 73069. Your check should be made payable to Alpacas of Oklahoma.
NOTE: Your Registration and Stall Placement is not complete until your payment is received. If you register but do not pay at the same time, you are still able to return to the registration page to access the Pay Button up until Registration closes.