Registration for the 2022 A-OK Alpaca Blast-Off Fleece Show
Link to Registration Website—Opens on 7/1/2022: https://www.alpacareg.com
Show Rules and Shipping Information For Fleece Show
Fleece judging will commence on Friday, November 11, 2022 at 9 a.m.
Deadline Information for Fleece Show Entries:
- EXTENDED! Registration Deadline: October 31, 2022
- Mail in must be received by Friday, November 4, 2022.
- Carry in must be received by Noon, Thursday, November 10. 2022—no extension!
In accordance with the Alpaca Owners Association Rules, the entry requirements are as follows:
- All Fleeces being shown at the 2022 A-OK Alpaca Blast-Off Show must not be over 380 days since shearing. They MUST have been shorn after Wednesday, October 27, 2021.
- Juvenile Fleeces must be 183 days at time of shearing or 6 months of growth to be eligible.
Therefore, the entry requirements are as follows
Note that every 3rd fleece [3rd, 6th, 9th, etc.] is 20% off, or $36.00.
Go to the A-OK Shows tab on the Alpacas of Oklahoma website (www.alpacasofoklahoma.com) and click on the link for registering for the show. Call or Email Lynn Betts, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 281-794-8603 for Fleece Show registration help.
After registering your selected alpacas, print off a copy of each fleece tag and place them with your fleece in a clear plastic bag of 1 mil thickness or less, approximately 30 gallons. You may obtain a small quantity of 25 bags directly from Alpaca Owners Association should you desire by clicking here.
Complete the following on the registration site:
- AOA registration certificate for each fleece entered. (Scan if you do not have the PDF file from Alpaca Owners Association.) NOTE: AOA certificate must be an original/official certificate with the holographic seal, not a certificate copy from the AOA website.
- Show Exhibitor Disclosure Form for Judge Frauke Berman. If your alpaca is co-owned and you would like both owners listed in the final results, be sure to include completed disclosures for all owners. Please read the disclosure carefully and check the two appropriate boxes.
You have two options for fleece check in:
- If you are arriving at show prior to 12 noon on Thursday, November 10, 2022, you may bring your fleece to the fleece judging room. NOTE: This is the day BEFORE Halter/Performance/Walking Fleece, etc. check-in; no animals are allowed in the barn before Friday, November 12th.
- Or, you may mail your fleeces to arrive by Friday, November 4, 2022 to:
A-OK Alpaca Blast-Off Fleece Show
780596 S. Hwy 18
Agra, OK 74824
UPS, FedEx, and USPS are all acceptable shippers to this address. Unless you have a prepaid label from UPS or FedEx, all fleeces will be mailed back using USPS.
Choose “Fleece Mail Back” on the registration site if you would like to pay upfront to have your fleeces mailed back to you after the show for $15.00 for your first fleece, and $10 for each additional fleece.
To provide a prepaid label when you ship your fleeces out, bring your fleece to UPS or FedEx with the box UNSEALED so that you can slip your label in the box before shipping.
- Create an account at Fed Ex or UPS.
- Print out a shipping label which will contain your return address.
- After the show Lynn Betts will put this label on your box along with any ribbons or special awards and it will be shipped back to you. When it gets scanned by the shipping company, your account/credit card gets charged.
- Please, DO NOT send a prepaid Priority Mail label from the USPS. It will not include the extra weight added by the ribbons and therefore not have enough postage.
- Please, DO NOT send stamps.
Rules for Fleece Shows:
For a complete set of rules, please refer to the AOA Show System Handbook.
These may be located in PDF Format, and also in hard copy printed format for sale, on the Alpaca Owners Association Website. Please log in to view as you follow this menu tree:
Home/Competitions/Certified Alpaca Shows/ Show System Handbook/2022 AOA Show System Handbook